5.02.2009

Caribbean Paradise.





Blood red.
People disappeared. Who?
I killed them for my research.
I'm sinking. I see water, crystal clear. The sand, like a Caribbean paradise. But why can't I breathe?
I look around, I'm at the bottom. School of fish swim around me, colorful and vibrant. I see the wharf, a distant shadow. It's gorgeous. The clarity of the ocean lets me see without my eyes burning. The sky is beautiful from down here, the top of the water enchanting, as it reflects the glitter of the setting sun.

But I'm running out of breath
Slow panic. Calm down.
Can I do it?
Breathe
It's a dream. You can do anything.
I take a breath, expecting my nostrils to fill with water.
But nothing happens. I breathe. Underwater? Sure. It feels like I'm in limbo, I'm underwater and breathing. My body is surprisingly lightweight, my mind clear. I frolic around, playing with the fish for a while. Then it grows dark. cold

I swim to the top, breaking the surface. I climb onto the beach, a sleek mass. I feel the sand, grainy underneath my palms. No more. I collapse, unconscious.

"She killed them! We can't keep her.
I don't know, her crazy experiments. We can't let this continue to happen. She's gone mad.


I awaken. I'm in a hotel room. The window is open, I can feel a slight breeze. I shiver. Big bed. The sun has set once again, a warm orange glow filling the room. Everything is hauntingly eerie and still. I get up, drawing the covers around me. I walk to the bathroom, the tiles cold against my bare feet. Something is smeared on the mirrors. I look for the light switch, my fingers fumbling. Anxiety. Why?
I find the switch and I flip it on, closing my eyes for a moment against the glaring brightness.
Blood red. Everywhere. The walls, ceiling, sink. I feel a chill in my spine. I reach for a towel, but I stop. My hands. Red. My mind is reeling. I go back to the bed, and sit down, but a flicker of red catches my attention. Plane Tickets.

"She killed them...experiments...madness"

I dress myself, finding clothes in the closet. A black body suit. I stood there admiring the materials when I heard footsteps. I look towards the door, and I see light flickering from the bottom. No more time. Farewell Chris.

I head towards the window. The door opens as I jump out.

--------------------------

I board my plane. The plane is red, and a flashback of the island comes to mind. But I can't hurt them anymore. I sit in my seat, and look around. There are 4 seats in in row, an aisle splits the seats in groups of two. Behind me were 5 more rows. I sat in my seat, awaiting takeoff. A few business men came in. The plane took off.

I sat staring out of the small window. The water was dark and glassy. I continued to stare out the window, until I saw the flicker of a flame reflecting in the window. A lighter. Danger.

I turn to warn the man, but it's too late. His whole body is in flames and the smell of singed flesh and nostrils fill my nose. For soem reason, he does not scream out, and his neighbors do not notice as the fire creeps towards them, traveling and spreading. Emergency exit.

I pull the lever and I jump out into the water, the plane, in flames, sinks into the ocean a meters away. I tread water for a while, watching the plane. Then I turn around and I swim back towards shore.


--------------------------

I'm back at the island. I climb up the shore, but there's something different. Jungle, everywhere. I see some in the distance. Tribal fires? As I stumble up the beach towards the edge of the jungle, I find a chute. Metallic and clean. I crawl into it without hesitation, the irregularity of it completely ignored in my mind. I follow the winding tunnel, for miles and miles perhaps? But soon, I see an exit. I climb out and I find myself at the bottom of a tower of cogs. What you'd expect if you entered a clock tower. Cogs and wheels and gears as far as the eyes can see. A tall tower, circular. I stand and marvel at the cogs for a moment, but then I see a chute directly ahead of me. No time. I enter the chute, but this thime there are stairs. No more winding tunnel, stairs straight up. Somehow the floor as become dirt and dusty as I patter my way up.

My head hits a trap door, and I fumble in the darkness for a knob. My hand touches metal, cold and slightly damp. I push up.

My bathroom? Yes and no. I emerge from the cabinet under my sink, but my bathroom is not what I expect it to be. It is earth and green, and only vaguely resembles a room. The jungle has taken over it, branches and vines intermingling with the brick walls. Like a lost civilization, nature is taking over. The floor is earthly green and mossy. I look straight up and find a ladder. Intriguingly enough, it's metal and completely untouched by vegetation. Up I go.

I climb in the darkness, for hours perhaps. My arms ache, but I do not stop to rest. My hands push up, and I exit into the heart of the jungle.

Smoke. I look at the tribal fires surrounding the encampment, observing the humans dancing around it. Behind me. I turn around, bracing myself for battle. Diem? His face is stoic, but he smiles and offers his hand. He helps me up from the hole in the ground and we sit on a stone slab, a bench of sorts. Like nearly everything else, it's covered by moss.

Just like that, we sit in silence. But then, I hear buzzing. I can feel a slight panic in the air. Turning my head towards the dancing people, I see them hurrying and rushing, their dance now a frenzy.

A swarm of wasps. Or something similar. Enormous. They engulf each person they come in contact to, but they leave swiftly. No one moves when they are touched by the wasps. Closer and closer. They engulf me. I can feel their small feet, the hair on their bodies. My ears are buzzing. Can they sense my fear?

A sting, adn they are gone as quickly as they came. I look down at my feet. A small stinger is embedded on the side of my left foot. Blood oozes out, but I feel no pain. I look to my brother, but he is staring off into space. Then I notice the hand he was holding out. A credit card.

I take the card and I sit cross-legged on the bench. Using the credit card, I pop the stinger out, blood oozing freely from the small wound. I get up and I grab a few plants. I put them in my mouth and chew, slowly. It's bitter. I spit it out and I rub it onto the would. A salve. I return the credit card, and my brother pockets it, nodding. My eyes grow droopy, and I curl up on the moss eaten stone bench. The air is warm.

--------------------------


To be continued! :D

I unfold to you all, the longest dream I've ever remembered. BUT IT'S TOO DAMN LONG!
this is like....1/2th of the dream. But I keep getting distracted and I know I'm not going to write very well at the moment, so I shall continue it later.