6.04.2009

Self brainwashing fail...or is it win?

In the event you didn't know, my alarm clock is set to half an hour ahead of the actual time. If it's 5:30PM, my clock will say it's 6:00PM/ Why do I do this to myself? Well, I like waking up for school and then knowing I can still sleep for another half hour or so. I've been doing this for about 3 years now, so I automatically subtract a half hour right when I look at my clock.

I must've been t-i-r-e-d-! this morning then.

My alarm clock went off at 7:00AM, my usual time. I pressed snooze, slept for another 8 minutes, had my alarm go off, and readjusted it for 7:10. Then I woke up, brushed my teeth and did my daily morning jumble and went out into the kitchen to make breakfast.

I knew something was wrong...it was a lot quieter and darker then normal, though my dad was already up and at the alter, doing his prayerly stuff. I grabbed some bread and turkey, and popped my sandwich into my toaster oven. Then I turned around.

6:54AM, read my microwave.

Say whaaaat? I thought I woke up at 7? Then, I realized like a doof, that I read my alarm clock wrong. Seriously, the first time in....the first time.

So what did I do?

I left my sandwich in the toaster, said hi to my mom who I happened to pass by in the hallway, and crawled back into bed until the actual 7:20 came around. About 25 minutes of more sleep...not bad!

On a side note, I wake up and go back to sleep often. It used to be a daily occurrence until I broke my habit of showering in the morning. I'd wake up at 6:30AM, take a 10-15ish minute shower with my bathroom time totaling about 20-25 minutes (that's with me brushing my teeth and face wash, etcetc). Then, I go back into my room, lay down a towel on my pillows so that my hair dries, and go back to sleep for 20-35 minutes, roughly until 7:20. :D

Ahhh, the good old days.